This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people in this category. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of people in these positions.
This position is open May through October. Lawns & Gardens Assistant works under the supervision of the Lawns & Gardens Head to help maintain the grounds of Holden Village.
(principal duties and responsibilities; such as categories supported, staff size, volume managed, etc)
• Plants flowers, mows and waters lawns, weeds flower beds, and rakes the Village grounds.
• Work involves moving around the Village, lifting, bending to tend to flower beds, and some early mornings to help water.
(position specifications; such as knowledge/education, skills, problem solving/decision making, risk/bottom line results, management responsibility – people and functions)
• Ability to move all day, lift and bend.
• Willingness to arise early in the day and work outside for most of the day.
• Ability to take direction from the Lawns & Gardens Head.
• Ability to utilize lawn mowers and gardening tools.
(particular knowledge/skills related to client and/or agency needs)
• Enthusiasm for and ability to work in a remote wilderness setting.
• Pledges to work in ways that support and fulfill Holden Village’s Mission, Vision, and Values and commits to the terms of the Community of Practice Agreement.
• Abides by Holden Village’s Community Health Protocols and Practices.
• Extends genuine hospitality to all villagers.
• Upholds and works to further Holden Village values of diversity, equality, respect, sustainability, and spirituality as articulated in the Strategic Plan.
• Food (three meals/day)
• Housing & utilities
• Free parking at Fields Point
• Access to amazing hiking opportunities, community events, teaching sessions, art studios and other educational opportunities!