Holden Village cultivates a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world.
Growing from the love of Christ, Holden Village is a courageous community that welcomes all people into the wilderness to form and renew their relationships with God, the earth, and each other.
Holden is a gift and an invitation to build and practice community both within the Village and in the greater world.
We value …
- our place in the wilderness that nurtures spiritual, emotional, and physical growth
- our Lutheran roots, which strengthen us to face the world with faith and good courage
- community-building, through hospitality, dialogue, justice, liturgy, humor, solace, and wholeness
- our rhythms of Village life
We commit to be…
- a community in which daily life is meaningful
- a community that embraces the intellectual, spiritual, and emotional aspects of faith
- a community where questions are valued and encouraged
- a community that lives out its mission with joy, participating in the gracious love of God.