Holden Village is a community that boldly articulates a desire to explore our relationships to God, each other, and the Earth. We welcome new and different voices into respectful dialog regarding our similarities and differences.
- Goal 1: To clearly define ourselves as we prepare to reach out to more diverse constituencies.
- Goal 2: To offer just, innovative, fun, dignified ways for people with varying access needs to come to and participate fully in Holden.
- Goal 3: To create a culture where Church communities of color, especially historically underrepresented Lutheran congregations, are valued as partners in planning and leading Holden’s present and future.
The Holden Village community examines social and economic power structures that drive climate change and structural injustice, and responses with individual and collective action.
- Goal 4: The Holden Village community serves as a model for unlearning patterns of racism, elevating communities that are marginalized by the dominant culture.
- Goal 5: Holden Village will lead by example, making its operations carbon neutral by 2025, and the Railroad Creek Valley carbon neutral by 2030.
Holden Village is a community that supports people along their faith and life journey.
- Goal 6: Holden Village will bring together those who question the role and relevance of the institutional church and those who are deeply committed to it for honest, respectful dialog.
- Goal 7: Holden Village holds a framework of Earth-honoring faith, spirituality and scientific understanding.
Holden Village is a community that ensures economic, physical plant infrastructure, and personnel resources are in place to sustain the Village into the future.
- Goal 8: Financial performance will be sufficient to support on-going operations and physical plant infrastructure of Holden Village.
- Goal 9: In five years, the Holden Village Physical Plant will comply with 2026 safety standards and regulations (especially regarding earthquake and fire requirements).
- Goal 10: Over the next five years, Holden Village will be successful in recruiting and retaining qualified and licensed management and personnel to lead and operate the Village.