Bring a party of 15-40 to the Village!
Have you ever wanted your family, church, or community organization to experience a change of pace? Throughout the year, Holden welcomes visitor groups of all ages to experience new rhythms of living. However you choose to spend your time, you will find rest and renewal in the Village.
GROUP VISIT REQUIREMENTS
- Between November 1 – April 30, a group must consist of 15-25 people.
- Between May 1 – June 12 and September 6 – October 31, a group must consist of 15-40 people.
- Group rates are not available during the summer cohort season (June 13 – September 5, 2022).
- A group must stay a minimum of 5 nights.
- ALL MEMBERS of a group must arrive and depart on the same days
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all group members in age groups eligible to be vaccinated (Currently, this includes all guests ages 5 years old and up. Testing is provided for people 5-11 who are not yet able to be fully vaccinated by January 30th. All people 5-11 must be fully vaccinated by January 31st.)
- A group must be led by one designated organizer who will handle all reservations, correspondence, and financial arrangements
- For youth groups: unfortunately, we cannot accommodate youth groups at the peak of our Summer Season (June 10–September 1), but we would love to have you in the spring, fall, or during school breaks!
- A maximum number of rooms will be assigned based on the number of people in your group (1 room for every 2 people, with no more than 2 single rooms allowed per group). Any rooms not needed by the group will be released to be available to other guests.
SUMMER 2022 SPECIFICS (June 13- September 5, 2022)
During Summer 2022, Holden will be operating under a modified cohort model and will not be able to host groups as we have in the past. If folks are interested in bringing a group during our Summer 2022 Cohort Season, they are more than welcome to register together; however, it must be through our individual reservation request form on January 4, 2022 when Registration opens up for our summer season.
WHEN TO REGISTER
VISITOR GROUPS may register now for visits through January 2, 2023, excluding our summer season (June 13- September 5, 2022). Please read above for more information on Summer 2022. Once group registration is open, group organizers can continue to submit group applications throughout this time period. Rates are listed below.
- January 2- April 16, 2022: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- April 17- June 10, 2022: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
- September 5, 2022- January 1, 2023: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
Holden Village will be closed to guests on January 29, March 3, April 5, and May 10, 2022. In 2022, we are unable to host groups during J-Term (the month of January), February 4-7 (Women’s Retreat), and May 20-22, as well as during our summer cohort season (June 13- September 5, 2022) and major holiday seasons (such as Thanksgiving week, Christmas, and New Years). Dates are subject to change.
Group Rates 2022
Adults (18+): $85/night
Youth (4-17): $65/night
Children 3&Under: Free
*One person per group (usually the designated organizer) may stay in the Village free of charge. This discount can be shared with the entire group and applied to the total group fee.
Group rates will only be honored for those staying 5 nights or more who also meet the group size requirements.
How to Register
To register as a group and receive the group discount, a designated organizer must complete the Group Application Form and submit a $250 deposit. Applications may be mailed or emailed to the Registrar and deposits can be mailed or paid online using a credit card. Once the application and deposit are received, the Registrar will walk the group organizer through the rest of the reservation process.
WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY HOLDEN
The Registrar will inform you if your reservation request can be accepted. You will receive the group contract and roster sheet. Please review these documents. If your reservation request is not accepted, your $250 deposit will be returned.
WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER CONTRACT IS RECEIVED BY YOUR GROUP ORGANIZER
The group contract, complete roster, and an additional deposit of the first night's lodging in one payment are due.
All Holden Village guests in age groups eligible to receive vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before arrival (including completion of the two-week waiting period after full vaccination). Currently, this includes all guests ages 5 years old and up. Testing is provided for people 5-11 who are not yet able to be fully vaccinated by January 30th. All people 5-11 must be fully vaccinated by January 31st.
Before January 30, people ages 5-11 who are not yet fully vaccinated are welcome in the Village with evidence of a negative test result. After January 30th, all people eligible for vaccination must be fully vaccinated and test negative in the 3 days prior to traveling on the boat up to the Village.
All guests and staff arriving at Holden Village are required to test negative for COVID-19 in the 3 days prior to traveling on the boat up to the Village (including children ages 5 and older). Check your local Department of Health for the availability of free or decreased cost testing, or check the availability of testing at your local pharmacy.
Three days before your arrival, the group leader will receive an email and must complete an acknowledgment form that every member of your party (age 5 and older) has received a negative result on a COVID-19 test. The group leader must ensure that all members of the group comply with this testing requirement. Results from either rapid antigen or molecular/PCR tests are accepted. Please complete this form no later than 8am on the day of your arrival.
COMMUNITY HEALTH PROTOCOLS AND PRACTICES
The staff community that has been serving at Holden Village during the pandemic has diligently maintained a safe and healthy community. We invite you to join in this practice of mutuality, care, and wellness. Learn more about what Holden Village will be doing to keep you safe. Read more on our Community Health Protocols and Practices page.
Cancellation of group reservation (ie no one in the group will be coming) - If a group cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to arrival date, you will forfeit the $250 group deposit. However, Holden will refund the first night per participant deposit and other prepayments.
Cancellation of individuals - If a participant cancels at least 30 days prior to arrival date, their corresponding first night’s deposit will be applied to the balance of the others in the group. The group organizer is responsible to refund the participant. If a participant cancels less than 30 days prior to arrival date, their corresponding first night’s deposit cannot be refunded and it cannot be applied to the balance of the group visit. All notice of cancellations must be sent to the Registrar by the group organizer.