This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people in this category. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of people in these positions.
The Services Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Services Associates helping to
maintain Village cleanliness by assisting with housekeeping and laundry tasks in the Village.
(principal duties and responsibilities; such as categories supported, staff size, volume managed, etc)
• Housekeeping tasks: cleaning lodges, guest rooms, and program facilities.
• Laundry tasks: washing, hanging and folding linens.
(position specifications; such as knowledge/education, skills, problem solving/decision making, risk/bottom line results, management responsibility – people and functions)
• Strength to lift and carrying items through the day.
• The ability spend 6-hours a day working on your feet.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent hygiene practices.
• The ability to work independently and collaboratively
(particular knowledge/skills related to client and/or agency needs)
• Enthusiasm for and ability to work in a remote wilderness setting.
• Pledges to work in ways that support and fulfill Holden Village’s Mission, Vision, and Values and commits to the terms of the Community of Practice Agreement.
• Abides by Holden Village’s Community Health Protocols and Practices.
• Extends genuine hospitality to all villagers.
• Upholds and works to further Holden Village values of diversity, equality, respect, sustainability, and spirituality as articulated in the Strategic Plan.
As a Short-Term Volunteer, you are eligible for the following benefits:
• Food (three meals/day)
• Housing, utilities, internet access
• Free parking at Fields Point
• Access to amazing hiking opportunities, community events, teaching sessions, art studios and other educational opportunities!