Poems, stories, and reflections, written by faculty, staff, and volunteers currently serving in the Village.
To continue with coverage of anti-racism resources, please find a list of resources you might not yet have encountered. Some are places to donate now that Minnesota Freedom Fund has reached capacity. Others contain important background information. Please feel free to email the QQ with any resources you’ve compiled. The landscape is constantly shifting, and we appreciate your help remaining current.
Originally, many websites suggested donating to the Minnesota Freedom Fund. The Minnesota Freedom Fund has now received over $20 million in donations and is asking people to donate elsewhere, specifically to black-led and BIPOC-led organizations.
– Rebuild Lake Street is listed as an organization to support by the Minnesota Freedom Fund.
– This list contains links to crowdsourced compilations of local bail fund organizations.
– Funds providing resources for transgender black individuals to receive free therapy from black counselors. They are named in honor of Nina Pop and Tony McDade.
– A Timeline of Events That Led to the 2020 ‘Fed Up’-rising by Michael Harriot.
–A report on the history and current landscape of black-led media by the Obsidian Collection, which is dedicated to preserving and sharing images from African American newspapers.
Information about local laws pertaining to the use of de-escalation techniques and prosecution of police officers.
– Information on Initiative 940, which included measures to make prosecution of police officers in Washington easier and also required de-escalation training.
– Information on where the implementation of Initiative 940 stands today.
– Podcast interview with local Sheriff Brian Burnett about his perspective on I-940. Please note that this is essentially a piece of publicity but provides some insight into the perspective of local leadership.
1. The Case for Reparations by Ta-Nehisi Coates
2. Who Gets to Be Afraid in America? By Ibram X. Kendi
3. America’s Racial Contract is Showing by Adam Serwer
If you have the resources (stimulus $?), support the following organizations: